- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Senior Full Stack Developer
Express Scripts Canada is actively looking to hire a Senior Full Stack Developer. The successful candidate will work closely with the business to define how best to address business challenges faced by our customers and our internal operations. The Senior Developer will clarify functional requirements and non-functional requirements and develop effective designs and implementation approaches for the delivery of business applications. The Senior Developer will assure the quality of deliverables ensuring that developed products are fit for use, supportable and maintainable.
- Work with Information Systems and Business to evaluate user requests, clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs. Assist in determining feasibility, time requirements, compatibility with current system and system capabilities.
- Work with project team to formulate detailed program specifications using analysis and design methodology. Assists with definition and implementation of applications in a multi-platform distributed environment.
- Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections, may develop user manuals and operating procedures, provide research and follow-up on production problems and may train users and provide technical assistance to resolve application and operating issues.
- Monitor ongoing performance of systems and develop updates or modifications according to business needs. Work with end users to provide production operation support including system setup and processing and data extraction.
- Provide off-hour support with on call rotation.
- Provide assistance to team with issues needing technical expertise. Provide on-the-job training for new or existing team members.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Code new or modified computer programs into existing systems and test program effectiveness. Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
- 7-10 years of experience in Information Systems
- Knowledge of MS Office tools including MS Excel
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Strong customer focus, adaptable, flexible and willing to learn
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with software development teams
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Communicate technical information in a concise, understandable and accurate fashion to non-technical personnel
- Ability to prioritize work load and meet multiple project deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make decisions with assistance from senior staff
- Strong oral and written facilitation and communication skills, including the ability to follow standards and methodology
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
Technical skills required:
- Programming: J2EE, JPA, JAVA Web Services ( RESTFUL) Spring Framework
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, GitHub
- Databases: Relational Database Systems (ideally Oracle)
- Operating Systems: Linux, HP-UX or Unix variant, MS Windows
- Knowledge of programming concepts, design, procedures and practices
- Familiarity with standard design patterns and UML
Nice to have skills:
- Programming: FICO Blaze or other Business Rules Management Systems, PL/SQL, Maven, JReports, Angular
- Familiarity with Application Containerization
- Experience in Software Development through Agile Methodology such as SCRUM.
- Experience/Knowledge of standards, structures and compliance to application standards and methodology
- Experience in multi-platform distributed environment, web-based architectures and Micro services
- Experience with CI/CD and testing automation (Selenium or similar)
Familiarity with health care, financial or PBM industry
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: