With limited direction, represents the Company´s insureds in all phases of litigation for matters of moderate to high technical complexity. Engages in the practice of law and the representation of Zurich insureds in litigation to protect their interests in litigation.
• Juris Doctor and 7 or more years of experience in the Litigation area
• Member of the Bar in good standing in jurisdiction(s) in which practice is located.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe
• Experience working with Lexis or Westlaw
• Knowledge of the insurance industry, claims and the insurance defense litigation legal environment
• Strong communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Experience working in a team-based environment
• Strong collaboration skills
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Achieve best outcomes for clients by demonstrating a high level of technical excellence in case handling, trial preparation and presentation for matters of moderate to high complexity.
• Drive positive outcomes by correctly applying the law and legal trends, conducting legal analysis and research, preparing legal pleadings and documents, preparing for and managing pre-trial discovery, and participating in judicial or administrative hearings and trials.
• Document case files by accurately capturing and updating relevant information in compliance with best practices.
• Work to have a timely resolution to matters by collaborating with the claims adjuster, developing a case strategy and escalating issues as appropriate.
• Ensure customer service to clients by proactively communicating information; responding to inquiries; and following customer protocols.
• Determine and implement alternative dispute resolution techniques as appropriate, by using effective mediation and negotiation skills within authority limit.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, staying current with industry trends, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
• Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and collaborating on matters as needed.
• Serve as a technical resource by providing guidance and/or mentoring lower level attorneys on legal strategies and use of tools and resources.
• Ensure legal compliance by following state and federal laws and regulations.
• Protect Zurich’s reputation by keeping claims information confidentialA future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.