Senior Surety Account Executive
Zurich Insurance Company Ltd is actively looking for an experienced Senior Surety Account Executive to join our Canadian Surety team in Toronto. Reporting directly to the National Director, Middle Market Contract Surety, and working alongside an experienced team of underwriters, this is a highly technical and market facing position requiring experience within Zurich’s Contract Surety lines of business. As a member of Zurich’s Surety team, you will have the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting, financial and credit analysis, and marketing skills. Specifically, you will be responsible for new business production and retention of existing accounts under limited direction, utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on accounts of higher technical complexity ensuring high level service to customers.
- Production and underwriting of new and existing contract surety business. Serving as key contact, underwrite an assigned portfolio of accounts with a high level of autonomy, making thorough assessments of customer’s financial, technical, and organizational capacity within Zurich’s appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity, in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to provide detailed recommendations of bond and account support using highly developed skills in financial and credit analysis.
- Manage and develop new and existing relationships with key brokers.
- Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
- Negotiate account and / or bond specific terms & conditions.
- Proactively engage in the target account process, developing and managing a qualified list of opportunities.
- Assist in mentoring, training and developing staff.
- Contribute to development of underwriting manuals, programs and guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area or finance, accounting or banking experience.
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree of 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Strong industry and surety product knowledge including legal and regulatory framewor
- University Degree
- In depth knowledge of Contract Surety line of business including legal and regulatory framework
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.