Please Note: The salary/rate reflects 2016 rates.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Application Services in I&T Enterprise Solutions Services you will be assigned to lead the Centralized MLS Datamart project technical team, provide expert Business Intelligence functional and technical consulting, implementation and sustainment services and contribute to application architectures to support City Business Intelligence initiatives.
ResponsibilitiesYour primary responsibilities as Datamart Technical Lead will be varied, but you will be expected to:
- Provides leadership in the area of enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics development and sustainment at tactical, project and operational levels
- Supervises, motivates and trains assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourage innovation in others
- Supervises the day to day work of staff and resources including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work tasks to ensure a continuing and consistent service by developing complex, critical enterprise business intelligence solutions
- Co-ordinates with the business and technical staff to ensure business intelligence policies and procedures are adhered to by applications and users
- Co-ordinates with the MLS Centralized Datamart project team on data sourcing and enterprise data warehouse development required to deploy Business Intelligence solutions
- Lead business intelligence design, development, testing to ensure applications meet the needs of the business and compliant to SDLC best practices
- Lead in identifying and evaluating project requirements, analyzes and recommends feasible options, design, develop and/or acquire, test, and implements applications, and sustains information technology solutions to meet business objectives and client needs
- Recommends, implements and practices on BI design and development, privacy and quality assurance requirements consistent with MFIPPA, legislation and corporate standards regarding storage retention and processing of confidential personal, corporate and application data and information outputs
- Leads multi-disciplinary business and technical teams from across the corporation to formulate and execute project plans and tasks according to established project management principles and methodologies
- Leads appropriate technical staff through the business application development life cycle to produce scalable, sustainable and standards-compliant departmental and corporate solutions, in conformance with the current enterprise architecture and infrastructure, at both business and information technology levels
- Authorizes and controls vacation and overtime requests and monitors attendance of the unit staff. Monitors and evaluates staff performance and recommends disciplinary action when necessary
- Participates in sustaining and improving corporate infrastructures, methodologies, tools, techniques and standards; ensures their conformance and adherence in daily practice among business and technical teams
- Develop and/or apply complex information delivery models (e.g. dashboards, scorecards, advance information visualizations) within the context of corporate architectures and technology standards.
- Leads various stages of projects, manages project team members and resources and reports progress to project managers, stakeholders and team members, ensuring successful delivery of solutions through proper coordination, issue management, change management, resource management, budget control, quality assurance, migration planning, contingency measures and risk mitigation
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner to stakeholders, clients, project managers, supervisors and team members any business and technical decisions and actions that may impact solution delivery, staff performance, business processes, management workflow and technical support of public services
- Participates in and contributes to as required corporate and cross-departmental/divisional initiatives to design, construct and implement business and technical solutions, such as business intelligence, data warehousing and electronic service delivery as related City initiatives as required
- Analyzes and recommends changes to current business practices, business and information processes, data flows, performance measures, information delivery and knowledge utilization toward a more efficiently managed and coherently integrated information environment for all departments in the City
- Assists in preparing RFI/P/Qs and other formal project documents (SOWs, MOUs, business cases, project charters, SLAs); participates in evaluating, selecting and recommending technical solutions and professional services; assists in managing vendors and contractors in the overall solution delivery process
- Assists in the development, recommendation and administration of the annual budget for the unit and ensures that the unit’s expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget
- Communicates effectively e.g. lead/facilitate meetings, prepare and deliver presentations and/or reports. Audiences include business managers, project team members, other levels of government, city and or external parties
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Key QualificationsYour application for the role of Senior Systems Integrator (Datamart Technical Lead ) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- University degree in computer science or related discipline and/or several years of experience working on large scale information technology projects or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Extensive experience on Business Intelligence (BI) development and sustainment including data warehousing, multidimensional data marts and analytics applications
- Considerable experience on a BI Lead position including large-scale enterprise implementations, covering the full solution lifecycle
- Considerable experience on SAP BW and Business Objects BI technologies. Experience on Microsoft BISharePoint , SSAS, SSIS and SSRS and/or Oracle BI suites is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience using SDLC methodologies and approaches to BI solution development (e.g. ASAP for BI, Agile, Kimball dimensional modeling)
- Demonstrated track record enabling the delivery of information requirements (e.g. KPIs, dashboards) by turning data into information
- Extensive design and development experience in SAP BW and SAP BusinessObjects BI suite tools including formatted reporting, ah-hoc query, visualization and dashboards, analytics, data exploration. Experience on Advance Analytics is an asset.
- Considerable experience leveraging key data sources in BI solutions including Oracle and Microsoft databases, SAP BW 7.0 or above.
- Demonstrated team supervisory and interpersonal skills working independently and collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Demonstrated business acumen to establish and maintain an effective consulting relationship with clients and vendors, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated efficiency and effectiveness in teamwork, facilitation, communications, conflict resolution, problem solving, crisis management and team leadership in projects, assignments and service engagements.
- Experience in leading projects or teams, including demonstrated skills in using project management methodology, with proven track records in successfully completing projects according to an established methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, organize and present business cases, proposals, solutions and budgets or similar formal documents and statements to various audiences, including stakeholders, clients and the public.
- Experience in using some of the following or equivalent tools and methodologies: Project Management Methodology(PMI), Change Management/ChaRM, HP Quality Center Testing Suite
- The City has committed to specific tools and methodologies that support large scale information and technology projects. Experience using some of the following or equivalent tools and methodologies is required. Examples include SAP Information Steward, SAP Data Services, SAP BW, SAP BusinessObjects BI, Erwin, Oracle Warehouse Builder, , HP Quality Center Testing Suite, MS Sharepoint, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS,MS SQL Server, IBM Websphere, Java, J2EE, EJB, HTML, XML, Visual Basic, SAP (ABAP).
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.