Please note: the salary/rate reflects the 2016 rates.
- Provides technical architectural design solutions and reviews for major business application and technology initiatives, with a focus on web and internet systems (i.e. Web Servers, Web Designs, Internet Protocols and Internet Security).
- Reviews documented Enterprise Architecture standards and conducts interviews with principals in the Enterprise Architecture and IT Governance and Transformation Projects to establish the direction and boundaries of the technology choice.
- Maintains expertise in the area of application architecture, including industry trends, strategies and products to ensure that the City Clerk’s Office is aware of and takes advantage of new trends.
- Architects security, privacy and quality assurance requirements consistent with the Municipal Freedom and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), corporate and legislated standards regarding the storage, processing and retention of confidential data.
- Develops detailed design and construction specifications for custom applications, related databases and interfaces in support of program delivery and manage the introduction and implementation of new applications and systems.
- Works collaboratively with the City Clerk’s Office and Corporate I&T Division for divisional applications and systems that reside on Corporate infrastructure.
- Determines business and functional requirements, including acceptance criteria for use by developers and technology infrastructure to implement a capability.
- Analyzes current business practices, business processes and data flows, develops assessments and makes recommendations to meet business objectives, including the application of information technology.
- Interprets business analysis documentation and produces conceptual and logical architectural and implementation artefacts in accordance with City standards and frameworks.
- Develops conceptual and logical data models and Divisional database standards and techniques to support delivery systems.
- Collaborates with City Clerk’s Office representatives to understand and describe the project’s Business, System and Technology Architecture and provide a division-wide perspective.
- Provides architecture leadership in the evaluation, selection and recommendation of strategies, technical solutions and professional services, and manages vendors and contractors in the overall architecture blueprinting phase of the solution delivery process.
- Be clearly identified as the senior technical lead on an assigned project – provides technical direction and mentoring for all project resources.
- Creates best practices through the identification of reusable project-level assets.
- Facilitates the effective definition and management of the Technology Architecture (e.g., principles, models, standards, guidelines, plans).
- Supervises, motivates and trains assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, and encourages innovation and continuous learning.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of various formal contractual documents, e.g., Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Quotation (RFQ), Statement of Work (SOW), Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Identifies and develops City Clerk’s Office architecture blueprints for initiatives to produce synergies and economies of scale.
- Negotiates with senior management, clients and various stakeholders, often with competing and conflicting goals, objectives and priorities.
- Assesses reuse patterns and recommend or develop scalable multi -jurisdictional business, information, security, application and technical architectures that meet client and business requirements consistent with enterprise architecture.
- Provides specialized architecture, technical and business consulting skills and services to technical/non-technical audiences.
Your application for the role of Senior Systems Integrator – Clerk’s (Solution Architect) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, and considerable years of Architecture experience working on large-scale information technology projects, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Extensive senior-level IT Architecture experience, including considerable experience in a management role developing and implementing enterprise and I&T architectures, I&T models, standards and best practices.
- Experience using current and emerging technologies and protocols including Java, Service Oriented Architecture, J2EE, SOAP, metadata repository management, component based design, business intelligence and decision support for a multi-tiered, multi-platform, network-centric computing environment.
- Considerable experience in produce architecture blueprinting artefacts for built and procured systems, Java/J2EE development experience and complete life cycles of business solution implementation.
- Senior-level experience in planning, designing, building and implementing systems in a highly complex technology environment.
- Knowledge of current and emerging information management concepts/technologies, including information engineering, object-oriented techniques, business/data modelling and relational database management technology.
- Knowledge of a variety of software packages, including MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Software Requirements Management and Quality Assurance Tools (i.e. Rational Requirements Composer, Rational Quality Manager).
- Considerable experience defining technical architecture, building technical environments, supporting software development processes and initiatives, software configuration and database management.
- Demonstrated ability and experience producing architecture blueprint artefacts, e.g., baseline.
- Experience in preparing project documents (e.g., business case, feasibility study, detailed budget submission, RFI, RFP, RFQ) and utilizing project management tools for planning and implementing complex projects and/or packages.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, leadership, facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven commitment to customer service, performance quality and continuous improvement.
- Experience producing architecture artefacts and deliverables in the context of an industry best practice methodology, including The Open Group Architecture Framework, U.S. Federal Enterprise Architecture or a comparable methodology an asset.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at [email protected], quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.