Specialist, Credit Card Lending – First Nations/Métis/Inuit Candidates R200005734
We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Métis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO’s Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO’s Careers page. Qualified First Nations / Metis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
This is part of BMO’s ongoing commitment to Indigenous applicants. Our recruitment team will reach out to those selected for further consideration.
Understands customer needs and provides credit and lending-related sales and service to BMO customers or prospects. Advises customers on lending/credit card strategies and products that meet their objectives. Fulfills sales and service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups.
- May provide training and coaching to junior associates as needed.
- Probes to understand customer needs and provides advice related to personal banking and credit card strategies in the best interests of the customer.
- Manages all transactional outcomes of customer calls or defers to appropriate internal business groups.
- Escalates complex or unresolved customer situations to managers as required.
- Performs any required documentation to ensure customer’s requests are accurately processed.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking and credit card industries, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations in a professional manner.
- May research and investigate credit card applications, following established processes.
- Handles incoming calls in an informed, professional, and efficient manner.
- Stays abreast of consumer needs, industry trends, best practices, and the regulatory environment as it relates to the products and services provided.
- Integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations, where appropriate.
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Adheres to regulatory and compliance requirements, including Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing reporting requirements, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) consumer provision requirements and Privacy Act provisions.
- Makes credit decisions / recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policy & Procedures.
- Uses authorized credit qualifications as needed to fulfill customer requests.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 – 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of credit card products.
- Knowledge of competitive marketplace and trends in product offerings.
- Knowledge of contact centre operational processes and policies.
- Knowledge of call centre technology, processes and metrics.
- Term Investment Qualified (as required).
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills – Good.
- Organization skillls – Good.
- Collaboration & team skills – Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – Good.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.