Spring Co-Op (Markets – eTreasury) : 000089R0
Employment Type: Fixed Term January 2017 – April 2017
You’ll put your education to good use and gain hands on, practical experience carrying out interesting and challenging work that relates to your discipline. Plus, you’ll reinforce your resume and make a valuable contribution in a global company that is known as one of the World’s Top 50 Brands.
The Global Markets Analyst, E-Treasury co-op position is open to current bachelor or master’s degree students available for a spring co-op placement.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC’s values
- Have a passion for understanding financial markets
- Have up-to-date market knowledge
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and varied work environment
- Be adaptable to changes in markets and our services
- Be a team player, confident and highly driven to succeed
- Be highly numerate and analytical
- Be hard-workingWhat to expectAs an Analyst in Global Markets, you will work in a dynamic trading floor environment. You will focus on developing and nurturing relationships with customers, be responsible for the onboarding of all E-Treasury Clients and provide technical support for each client’s specific needs.Over the course of 16 weeks, you will develop and refine both the technical and interpersonal skills necessary for success on a trading floor.Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Adhere to compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- 4 month co-op placement (January to April 2017)
- currently in university accredited co-op program, preferably with a business, engineering or IT major
- overall minimum GPA of 3.0
- eligible to work in Canada
- Superior quantitative, analytical, communication and leadership skills are essential.
- strong leadership capabilities
- active in the community/university
- interest in full time employment with HSBC
- ability to use good judgment, be a self-motivator and exercise independent discretion.
- Fluency in French is a requirement
Job Field : Graduates & Internships
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 30-Nov-2016, 19:03:08 Unposting Date : 14-Dec-2016, 02:59:00