Sr. Claims Specialist, Property
To handle commercial lines property claims of moderate to high exposure and complexity within specific authority limits, to ensure that claims are handled in the most efficient, effective way while delivering a customer-centric claims service.
Client Externally Focused – The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims and/ or Litigation Management area.
• Juris Doctor and 2 or more years of experience in the Claims and/ or Litigation Management area.
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice, including an Associate Degree with 6 or more years of experience in the Claims and/ or Litigation Management area.
• Completion of Zurich Claims Training Program and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims and/ or Litigation Management area.
• High School Diploma Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims and/ or Litigation Management area.
• Must obtain and maintain required adjuster license(s)
• Microsoft Office experience
• Knowledge of insurance regulations, markets and products
• Juris Doctor
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment and across work groups
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be fluent in both French and English languages (for Montreal location)
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Document claims file by accurately capturing and updating claims data/information in compliance with Best Practices for commercial lines claims of moderate to high exposure and complexity.
• Exercise judgment to determine policy verification and coverage determination by analyzing applicable coverage for claims and determining whether the loss falls within the coverage.
• Work to have a timely resolution to claims by developing case strategy; developing a case evaluation; escalating issues as appropriate.
• Establish timely reserves and perform ongoing review throughout claims cycle within authority limit by estimating and validating value of claims..
• Meet quality standards by following Best Practices.
• Ensure customer service by proactively communicating information; responding to inquiries; following customer protocols and participating in customer marketing efforts, as required.
• Manage expenses by working within vendor approved networks and managing scope of work assigned to outside contractors.
• Contribute to profitable growth by providing risk insight, information and trends to the Business Unit or customer, as needed.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, staying current with industry trends, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
• Business Travel, as required
• Extended Hours during Peak Periods, as required
• Pass Applicable Exam/Licensing, as required
• Regular Predictable Attendance
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.