- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Sr. Commercial Automobile Underwriter
Sr. Commercial Automobile Underwriter
A unique opportunity for a forward thinking senior commercial automobile underwriter looking to utilize their above average knowledge of the Canadian automobile insurance market. Their strong broker connections and interpersonal skills allow them to navigate the road to a profitable portfolio of renewal and new business, built with mid to large size complex risks. Must be proactive and detailed oriented while maintaining service levels and underwriting to the Zurich Way.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area. For SURETY POSITIONS ONLY: OR Finance, Accounting or Banking experience
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or
Underwriting Support area
• Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
• Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Bachelors Degree
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
style=”padding-left: 40px;”>• Underwrite and analyze new and renewal business utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting framework and within delegated authority levels on assignment of higher technical complexity and coordination.
• Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
• Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate.
• May provide guidance to lower level associates.
• Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
• Supports the sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
• Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
• Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization’s appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose
• Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account
• Participate in Sales Team meeting as related to assigned brokers and / or territory.
• Proactively engage in the target account process, managing a qualified list of opportunities 90 to 120 days prior to effective date.
• Update required systems with details of broker / client visits and account status within specified time frame.
• Serve as key Zurich contact for assigned target accounts.
• Calculate Target Price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
• Measure exposures/analyze risk.
• Quote and set coverage, negotiate terms and conditions.
• Service accounts, handles declination’s/cancellations.
• Participate in marketing presentations to assigned agents/brokers.
• Provide technical advice that enables a customer to solve a problem or improve business.
• Develop and maintain positive customer relationships by meeting regularly with customers when no specific initiative is underway.
• Anticipate customer needs, monitor trends in order to recommend changes.
• Analyze needs, develop and recommend alternatives for improvements to processes, customer service or products.
• Lead short-term (3 to 9 months) defined scope projects.
Add. Job Functions:
• Conduct due diligence on transactions and processes in order to determine the risk profile and compliance with relevant regulations.
• Independently collate and analyze data using The Zurich Way of Underwriting, making recommendations within assigned authority levels to support the decision to provide new and renewal underwriting business.
• Assess and evaluate underwriting processes in order to implement agreed technical standards, controls, practices and procedures, maintaining underwriting disciplines and identifying opportunities for improvements.
• Handle and resolve a range of queries from customers, providing advice and supporting the development of an account to create additional value for the organization and customers.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: