Date: Nov 23, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
43585 – Toronto – Regular –
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Manage and successfully execute the monthly close and reporting processes for Revenue and Fixed Assets, including the timely and accurate issuance of appropriate management reports.
- Manage and successfully execute the quarterly close and confidential reporting process for Revenue and Fixed Assets, including the development of a confidential reporting process including analysis.
- Perform specific functional accounting and reporting duties, such as manage specific account balances, fixed assets, OEB’s Uniform System of Accounts (USofA), Statistics Canada Surveys, support for complex transactions, preparation and/or approval of journal entries, and issuance of confidential internal management reports.
- Provide analysis and input to the monthly close process, managing, developing and issuing fixed asset and revenue related reports, support to regulatory reporting process including ensuring that fixed asset categorizations confirm to USofA and cost allocation categories.
- Provide financial oversight to the fixed assets and Revenue area of the balance sheet including working with Outsource provider and other business areas on process improvements.
- Coordinate and manage the completion of Statistics Canada Surveys, ensuring that tools are effectively utilized to streamline the process.
- Manage the ongoing requirements of the external auditors, ensuring that all working papers and related support are provided on a timely basis.
- Maintain appropriate internal control policies and develop procedures as required.
- Ensure requirements are effectively communicated to business until and monitor compliance.
- Follow-up to ensure that guidance on the application of generally accepted accounting has been followed within the company.
- Support regulatory requirements, including witnessing and preparation of evidence, development of briefing material, responses to interrogatories, and transcript undertakings and general hearing support.
- CPA or similar recognized accounting designation.
- 8 – 10 years relevant experience in financial reporting at an intermediate level.
- Experience in either revenue or fixed asset accounting & reporting is highly desirable.
- Experience in a rate-regulated environment is highly desirable.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2021.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: November 8, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.