Sr. HR Advisor (12 month contract)
At Express Scripts Canada, we are driven to deliver the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost. To achieve this, we rely on the collective contribution of our employees, each of them bringing an authentic yet endless variety of experiences, ideas and passions to our work.
To drive our efforts to change the face of healthcare, we’re looking for original thinkers and lifelong learners: people with the drive and know-how to develop solutions, platforms and processes that promote better health outcomes. Working here, you’ll find an environment where curiosity thrives and critical thinking evolves – and where you’ll have the opportunity to help make a difference in the lives of millions.
Sr. HR Advisor (12 month contract)
Reporting to the Senior Manager, HR and Corporate Services, The Sr. HR Advisor is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated client groups.
- Build a strong partnership with assigned client group by developing an in-depth understanding of their business and business needs.
- Provide leadership and support to managers and employees in the areas of performance counseling, employee retention, policy interpretation and implementation, human rights and employment legislation, conflict resolution and legal/contractual requirements.
- Develop, recommend and implement company policies, procedures, and appropriate training in all areas of employment, including employee relations and performance management.
- Lead the business in developing effective organization design including structuring teams to align with the business strategy.
- Identify employee engagement needs and opportunities for the business unit, leading initiatives where required. Support the implementation of the Engagement Survey Action Plans.
- Responsible for supporting HR technology (Workday) and related integrations from an HR and Business process perspective.
- Conduct three-month follow up interviews and exit interviews.Report on findings to the business and H.R. to determine areas requiring attention.
- Facilitate and embed performance management discipline across business unit, ensuring consistency and rigor of approach.
- Identify capability gaps and shape training plans to effectively address leadership and development issues throughout the business unit.
- Collaborate with management to identify human capital needs against business objectives and partner with the recruiter to develop a strategic recruitment plan that addresses these needs.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of H.R. and business trends and demonstrate future focus.
- Lead the annual performance management process for assigned client group
- Facilitate consensus discussions
- Conduct performance management training
- Communicate timelines
- Coordinate leadership development programs for assigned business group.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline
- 5-7 years’ experience in Human Resources
- CHRP/CHRL designation
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment laws
- Working experience and knowledge of Workday and associated business processes
- Advanced skill level in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) required Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- Bilingual English/French an asset
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Human Resources & Corporate Service is charged with ensuring that Express Scripts Canada effectively manages and supports its human capital investment while promoting organizational development and talent management.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. Thank you for your interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca.