Date: Nov 22, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
43746 – Toronto – Regular – ongoing
Safety Comes First is a core value at Hydro One, and we remain committed to taking every reasonable precaution to ensure a respectful, safe and healthy working environment. Further to this commitment, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to protect the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19. Employees will be required to either be fully vaccinated or undergo regular rapid antigen testing in order to access a Hydro One worksite.
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Support the Manager, CIP Compliance Sustainment in effectively designing and developing strategies consistent with Hydro One positions related to standards and compliance requirements.
- Support the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Senior Manager and/or Delegate in the successful sustainment of compliance to NERC CIP standards.
- Oversee compliance sustainment and continuous improvement efforts associated with Hydro One’s NERC CIP compliance program. Review NERC CIP related security incidents for systemic problems and opportunities for process improvements.
- Support the Governance Delegates (GDs), Execution Delegates (EDs) and Process Owners (POs) accountable for the CIP standards/processes within the Hydro One Internal Compliance Program (ICP).
- Advise the GDs on areas to focus when new changes are introduced to the NERC CIP standards. Coordinate with GDs/POs to help facilitate institutionalizing CIP compliance into Hydro One work processes.
- Advise GD and ED in creation of non-compliance reports and remediation planning.
- Provide oversight and ensure that an overall CIP process metrics dashboard is established with input from all stakeholders and is maintained in accordance with the reporting cycles.
- Advise GDs/EDs in creation of non-compliance reports and remediation planning.
- Ensure that the CIP Process Architecture is maintained and kept current.
- Assist CIP GDs/POs with updating high impact or high complexity processes based on specific improvement or remediation efforts.
- Assist CIP GDs/POs in identifying and rolling out complex key changes in support of specific improvement or remediation efforts.
- Provide governance support to Process Owners in respect to escalating issues and concerns as well as formalizing support requests to create formalized projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform preliminary reviews of Physical Security Plans, Cyber Security Policies and Technical Feasibility Exceptions related to CIP Standards and other related policies on an annual basis and report out to Manager.
- Provide advice and deliver training and other communications to internal stakeholders, corporate and operations staff to assist in their understanding of security compliance processes. This may include websites, toolkits, seminars and other employee engagement tools.
- Collaborate with Reliability Standards Readiness and Strategy to provide direction to CIP GDs/POs. Support Reliability Compliance Assurance’s evidence audit operations and actioning of audit results
- Enforce compliance with IT Security Policies and Standards across the enterprise using the compliance tracking framework.
- Coordinate compliance enforcement activities with outsource service providers.
- Develop and present management compliance reports to various stakeholders.
- Engage and manage third parties to perform compliance exercises as necessary.
- Participate in development and maintenance of IT Security Policies and Standards.
- Manage compliance remediation activities.
- Manage and motivate staff and contractors in projects.
- The candidate is expected to have demonstrated capability in the following areas:
- University degree or related studies, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience in IT Security.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a senior Information Security or IT Security role.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant standards and regulatory requirements (NERC CIP, Bill C-198, PCI, PIPEDA, etc.).
- Relevant experience in IT security governance with the capacity to enforce standards and liaise with stakeholders.
- Relevant experience in strategic business planning and management.
- Relevant experience in financial management and control.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strategic business thinking – ability to apply technical knowledge and experience to make management decisions for achieving business objectives.
- Ability to lead and work in a multi-team environment and drive completion of deliverables.
- Ability to assess enterprise risk with proper recommendation on mitigation.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
- Good communications skills with the ability to work/liaise effectively with business, IT stakeholders, and vendor representatives.
- Relevant experience in utility sector is preferred.
- Ability to apply discretion when dealing with confidential information.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2021.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: December 6, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.