- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Pharmacy Operations is responsible for ensuring the efficient operations of the Express Scripts Canada pharmacies. This department is responsible for establishing and maintaining corporate standards of quality, productivity and performance in accordance legislative and regulatory requirements. Further, this department is responsible for overseeing the production levels and service standards associated with pharmacy operations.
Express Scripts Pharmacy Ontario seeks to hire Pharmacists who will be responsible for dispensing and compounding medications within corporate and regulatory guidelines, and maintain daily production, quality and service levels.
The candidate will be required to vary work priorities and activities to accommodate business needs, provide oversight and quality assurance to pharmacy technicians, interpret physicians’ or prescribers’ prescriptions, verify and confirm validity of controlled substances, verify prescription information entered in the Kroll Pharmacy software system by data entry or order entry, train and mentor other less-experienced or new pharmacists, and provide back up for other pharmacists, as needed.
- Verify prescriptions to be dispensed contain the correct medications and are correctly labeled, according to corporate and regulatory guidelines
- Provide oversight and quality assurance to pharmacy technicians
- Provide patient counseling on new prescriptions and handle patient clinical queries
- Train and mentor other less experienced or new pharmacists and/or technicians
- Additional duties as assigned by leadership
- Bachelor of Science-Pharmacy or PharmD
- Experience in a retail pharmacy/mail order pharmacy setting preferred
- Knowledge of pharmacy laws and regulations
- Strong focus on customer service, quality and accuracy
- Ability to read and interpret prescriptions
- Ability to evaluate current state and analyze possible solutions in business workflow
- Ability to train and coach less-experienced staff to desired team results
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions
- Able to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Kroll Pharmacy software system is an asset
- Knowledge of Pharmacy Benefits Management Industry/Managed care industry is an asset
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule for peak volume times
- Valid Ontario pharmacist license required
- Must be able to work scheduled shifts or on call as necessary
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.`
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: