Date: Apr 7, 2021
Location: Waterloo, CA
Company: Wilfrid Laurier University
Department: Information and Comm. Technologies
Job Type: Limited Term
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time (>=1249 hrs/year)
Reports to: Manager, ICT Enterprise Applications Support
Employee Group: WLUSA
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Requisition ID: 874
Wilfrid Laurier University is a leading multi-campus university that excels at educating with purpose. Through its exceptional employees, students, researchers, leaders, and educators, Laurier has built a reputation as a world-class institution known for its rich student experience, academic excellence, and global impact. With a commitment to Indigenization and commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, Laurier’s thriving community has a place for everyone.
Laurier has more than 19,000 students and 2,100 faculty and staff across campuses in Waterloo and Brantford, as well as locations in Kitchener and Toronto. The university is committed to providing an inclusive workplace and employing a workforce that is reflective of local and national demographics. Our locations are situated on the traditional territories of the Neutral, Anishnawbe, and Haudenosaunee peoples. We recognize the unique heritages of Indigenous peoples and support their intentions to preserve and express their distinctive Indigenous cultures, histories, and knowledge through academic programming and co-curricular activities. Laurier’s Centre for Indigegogy is one example of how Laurier honours Indigenous knowledge.
The Systems Analyst III reports to the Manager, ICT Enterprise Applications Support. The incumbent will assume complete responsibility for the full life-cycle development of Laurier’s Enterprise Solutions and for maximizing effectiveness and usability of the systems in a web-enabled environment. The incumbent will work closely with individuals from other University departments.
- Responsible for systems analysis and design in accordance with accepted standards. Activities include project management, analyzing and documenting existing and new processes, redesigning workflow for greater efficiency, database design and development and conducting fit-gap analysis.
- Participate on the implementation team and coordinate with external and internal resources on new installations, upgrades or migrations of Enterprise Solutions
- Ensure adequate testing is conducted prior to releasing new software enhancements into production. Ensure that accurate and complete systems and end-user documentation exists for applications supported and maintained by the Enterprise Solutions department.
- Give instructions and client training on an on-going basis; provide technical support in the effective use and design of application reporting systems.
- Provide quality programming and development as well as systems support, maintenance and troubleshooting in a client-server and web enabled environment.
- University degree in Computer Science/Math, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience with Relational Database Management Systems (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, Informix, MS SQL) in a Linux / Windows operating system environment.
- Minimum of three years of experience with Tomcat and/or Apache web server
- Programming expertise with object oriented, GUI and web development tools and technologies (e.g. Oracle Developer, Eclipse, C++, Java)
- Experience with any or all the following highly desirable: Ellucian Banner, Degree Works, Oracle Forms, Evisions, BDM/AppXtender, One Card, Desire2Learn, CRM, financial reporting, portal, accounting systems.
- Understanding of the OSI model and how it may be used to triage and isolate software and system issues.
- Experience with Hannon Hill’s Cascade, Apache Velocity, XSLT is an asset
- Experience with Sharepoint Online, Office365 is an asset
- Experience in developing and implementing applications and user interfaces in a web-enabled environment utilizing backend databases and familiarity with PHP, SQL, JS/JQuery, XML, WordPress and e-Commerce is an asset
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail, ability to handle multiple priorities and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with users with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Ability to function and collaborate effectively with faculty and staff in a high demand environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to be discreet and to maintain confidential information.
- A desire to work in a fast paced, challenging, and rapidly changing environment requiring a commitment to continuous learning.
Position Grade: SH-10
Rate of Pay: $39.54 – $46.55 per hour
Hours of Work: This is a full-time, limited term position with an anticipated end date of November, 2022.
This position is eligible for educational equivalencies. Please refer to the attached link for details
Job Evaluation Factor Scores:
|WLUSA/WLU Job Evaluation Factors
|Education and Experience
|Applied Reasoning and Analytical Skills
|Co-ordination and Planning
|Responsibility for Others
|Impact of Decisions
|Multiple Demands and Priorities