- Utilizes Google Maps in various web sites
- Applies web performance optimization
- Ensures that web sites are compliant with AODA and other usability/accessibility standards
- Ensures that web sites are integrated with back-end microservices and other systems
- Conducts appropriate site validation unit testing, system integration testing and provides active participation during the Quality Assurance (QA) phase
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with clients to discuss/assess clients’ needs
- Liaises with staff in the development of system, performance, usability and acceptance testing of system solutions developed
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- University degree in computer science or a related discipline or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Considerable experience developing/sustaining web sites using jQuery.
- Considerable experience developing/sustaining web sites using Bootstrap (or similar frameworks).
- Considerable experience developing/sustaining secure web sites.
- Considerable experience applying web performance optimization to web sites.
- Experience with testing, integrating and deploying systems within a large infrastructure environment.
- Experience in the preparation of IT related documentation.
You must also have:
- Knowledge with Open Text content management tool would be an asset.
- Skill and knowledge with mobile development would be an asset.
- Understanding of application deployment approaches and standards.
- Understanding of privacy and security regulations would be an asset.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform graphics design work would be an asset.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at [email protected], quoting the job ID #2265224 and the job classification title.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: