Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• With core knowledge of underwriting processes, is conversant and may work on multiple lines of business with some variances and with analysis guided by multiple tools and references.
• Collaborates with underwriters in the areas of procedures, policy endorsements and policy content.
• Computes premiums for policies, selects appropriate declarations, coverage forms, national/local forms, and optional endorsements to complete a policy.
• Anticipates the needs of the Underwriter and the customer based on the policy submitted.
• Provides account servicing support (e.g. subsequent transactions including endorsements, cancellations, reinstatement & adjustments, billing & collections, contract services and Claims & Risk Engineering) as directed by the Underwriter or Underwriting Support Manager.
• Supports assigned Underwriters with broker/customer interactions. Underwriting authority is not granted.
• Responsible for the new business, renewals and endorsements process for moderately complex business.
• Reviews, appraises and recommends submissions for acceptance or declination within established appetite.
• Evaluates and summarizes exposures and controls both at the account level and at the Line Of Business level.
• Evaluates loss potential due to catastrophe, severity, and/or frequency.
• Assesses financial condition and summarizes financials.
• Applies rating knowledge to provide direction to Rating Services.
• Utilizes accumulated account analysis to provide Underwriting with data required for pricing decisions (e.g. debits/credits, risk characteristics).
• Supports Underwriting with broker/customer interactions with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
• Provides account servicing support (e.g. subsequent transactions including endorsements, cancellations, reinstatement & adjustments, billing & collections, contract services and Claims & Risk Engineering).
• May assist in training new team members.
• Identifies/escalates issues and participates in determining resolution with support of others.
• May support special projects as a subject matter expert.
• Able to independently interact with brokers and customers in certain instances.
• Bachelors Degree and No prior experience required in the Administrative or Customer Service or Data Entry or Financial Services or Risk Management areaOR
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Administrative or Customer Service or Data Entry or Financial Services or Risk Management areaAND
• Some travel may be required
• Underwriting/underwriting operations, claims, risk management or premium audit experience
• Experience with data collection and analysis
• Excellent customer service orientation and communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of processing, rating and policy issuance systems
• Detail oriented
• Organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
• Mastery of processing, rating and policy issuance systems
• Service the needs of customers.
• Support others who maintain relationships with customers.
• Respond to inquiries quickly and completely, provide status updates.
• Recognize and respond to or refer opportunities.
• Identify and resolve problems by referring to policies, procedures, standards.
• Continually improve unit performance by analyzing and recommending enhancements to technical procedures.
Develop & Grow
Puts Customers First
Technical Competency 1
Technical Competency 2
Provide Clear Direction
Make it Happen
Responsible for evaluating exposures/controls, evaluating loss history, assessing financial condition, for basic to moderately complex business.
Only applicable for Canada: For Zurich Canada’s commitment to diversity and accessibility please click here. If you would prefer to not receive future electronic messages from Zurich Insurance Company Ltd’s recruitment management system, please email your request to have your job profile deleted from the system by clicking here. Zurich Insurance Company Ltd 100 King St., W., Suite 5500, Toronto, ON, M5X 1C9. www.zurichcanada.com