- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Volunteers for Circle of Directors
Native Men’s Residence is currently seeking
Volunteers for our Circle of Directors.
Na-Me-Res (Native Men’s Residence)
Fosters and maintains a healthy sense of community, cooperation and self-worth through the promotion of traditional Native Culture and Values. We endeavour to build a strong foundation for our clients on their road to recovery and self-sufficiency.
The Circle is currently looking for representation and/or skills in the following areas:
- Youth diversity
- Traditional knowledge keepers
- Financial Analysis
- Corporate fundraising
- Marketing, or
- Strategic Planning
- Overseeing of the organizational development to strive for success;
- Ensuring the organization delivers a variety of programs and services;
- Ensuring compliance with legislation, organization bylaws, and our strategic plan;
- Input on Na-Me Res programs such as – 70 bed men’s shelter, – outreach services – housing and aftercare support and Sagatay.
- Attend & participate in Circle meetings once a month, and participate in at least 1-2 committees of the Circle.
Na-Me-Res looks for the following qualities in all of its circle members:
- Understanding of Toronto’s Aboriginal community and its needs;
- Awareness of homeless issues, particularly as they apply to Aboriginal people and/ marginalized communities;
- Willingness to commit time for board meetings, committee meetings, planning sessions & special events.
- Familiarity with board procedures and non-profit management.
- Knowledge of an Aboriginal language and/or traditional cultures is considered an asset.
Interested Applicants please send Resume and statement of interest to Circle of Directors at
[email protected] Miigwetch,
Deadline January 30, 2017 @ 4pm
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: