Date: Aug 24, 2021
Location: Pickering, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
43170 – Pickering – Rotation – 12 months
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Advise on the prevention of fraud and theft of Board /Travel allowances.
- Determine the vulnerabilities of the Board/Travel process.
- Develop a compliance program considering legal and privacy issues related to surprise visits to validate proof of residency, self-contained dwelling and the requirement of external services of Private Investigation firms.
- Develop and deliver mandatory training package to be given to all casual trades and their supervisors, which will be a part of yearly Safety Meeting packages with sign off for attendance as part of the rollout.
- Manage and track the database for compliance on board/travel allowances for trades.
- Verify documentation in such systems as Equifax, MTO driver’s license, GeoWarehouse to verify documentation. Provide access to Hydro One systems such as Timesheets and IRIS land owners.
- Prepare and issue detailed reports, making recommendations on behalf of management. Attend on behalf of management meetings/arbitrations/grievances that may result as an outcome of investigations.
- Perform ongoing random audits of the various business units that employ casual trades and are entitled to this allowance.
- Work in conjunction with external, internal partners and clients to design and develop new forms that tighten compliance while adhering to collective agreement language.
- Ensure supervisors know their accountability in approving timesheets with board/travel implications, i.e. Fifth day board.
- Provide fraud supporting documentation to Corporate Security Consultant for official Code of Conduct/ Criminal Investigation.
- Perform other duties as required.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2021.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.