WTP – Bilingual Emergency Assistance Specialist
World Travel Protection provides global travellers with specialist emergency assistance services when something goes wrong in their travels. We operate 24 hours a day,seven days a week from our 4 operation centres in Australia, Canada, China and Malaysia, responding to the cries for help we receive from travellers across the
Owned by Zurich, but with separately managed business entities, we can truly offer you a world of possibilities within assistance and insurance. Get ready to do your best work…and then some.
In this role you will apply your knowledge of policy benefits and limitations in order to drive a desirable outcome for both our clients and policy holders. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders, to ensure overall management of a medical claim in accordance with the terms & conditions of the insurance policy.The overall objective is to provide outstanding services to our clients and customers, in alignment with company values, vision
& mission, and in compliance with necessary regulatory obligations.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Customer Service area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and No prior experience required in the Customer Service area
Preferred Job Requirements:
• experience in customer service or call centre environment
• excellent communication skills (candidates with English/Spanish bilingual skills, or English/French bilingual skills, or only English skills will be considered)
• ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders and build consensus
• proficient in computer systems and applications including MS office
• accurate data entry skills including reasonable typing speed Assets:
• knowledge of privacy acts: PIPEDA and HIPAA
• experience in healthcare system of the United States & Canada
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
You’ll be taking inbound customer calls, delivering exceptional customer service every time,
• You’ll work to keep our customers travelling, or help bring them home
• You’ll be working with our medical team to locate the nearest suitable doctor, medical clinic, dentist or allied health professional
• You’ll manage emergency air ambulance evacuations
• After a time, you’ll also be able to facilitate the payment and guarantee of hospital bills
• Monitor business processes in order to identify opportunities for customer care´s improvements.
• Managing resources in the team in order to ensure a timely resolution of inquires.
• Handle first and third party claims taking responsibility to resolve all enquiries from both customer and external contacts to ensure delivery of a customer focused claims service.
• Recommend alternative sources/courses of action in order to ensure an efficient, day to day customer service is delivered.
• Receive, investigate and respond to technical queries from customers and/or colleagues to ensure customers receive appropriate advice.
• Investigate claims to evaluate costs and risk and ensure investigations are conducted and concluded effectively and efficiently.
Develop & Grow
Puts Customers First
Technical Competency 1
Technical Competency 2
Provide Clear Direction
Make it Happen
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.