MNO ELCC Virtual Family Socials
The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) team invites Métis early learners between the ages of zero (0) and twelve (12) years and their families to our monthly Virtual Family Socials. The next Virtual Family Social, on Saturday May 29, 2021, will be the Parent Appreciation Day. Families will learn about healing blankets and have an opportunity to make one together.
VIRTUAL FAMILY SOCIAL
(Parent Appreciation Day)
Saturday May 29, 2021
Three (3) times slots available:
10:00am -12:00pm (EST)
1:00pm-3:00pm (EST) &
Families will be able to register for one (1) listed timeslot. This social event will be available for children/families who meet the following criteria:
- One parent/legal guardian or child must be a Métis Nation of Ontario Citizen and must reside in Ontario
- Have at least one child between the ages of 0-12 years and one parent/legal guardian present during workshop
- Ability to access the internet and have a device to connect to Zoom
- Interested in learning about Métis history and culture from an Early Learning perspective
- Willing to participate in a digital environment
- The application must be completed by the child’s parent or legal guardian
- Acceptance priority will be given to those who have not previously attended/participated in any ELCC camps
- Those who are not initially registered will be added to a waitlist for potential openings before the start date If you are accepted but then unable to attend the social, we require notice no later than May 18th at 2:30pm , 2021 to allow opportunity for another family to participate
Registered families will have any required materials supplied to them. Any other required items will be covered by the MNO ELCC program through a pre-determined method and amount.
The application is open from May 7 8:30am to May 14 at 12:30pm, 2021: https://metisnation.smapply.io/prog/mtis_early_learning_parent_appreciation_social_may_2021
Any questions about the event and/or application, please email [email protected] or call 416-931-0015.