NFN: Bivalent Vaccines Now Available
September 22, 2022
UPCOMING CLINIC DATES:
- Wednesday, September 28 from 2pm – 6pm
Duchesnay – Community Hall
- Wednesday, October 12 from 10am – 3pm
Garden Village – Council Chambers
No appointments needed but supplies are limited.
More dates to be scheduled based on demand. Children’s vaccines for ages 5-11 years are also available.
Health Canada has approved COVID-19 bivalent vaccines for booster doses, which target both the original COVID-19 virus and the most recently circulating COVID-19 variants. Individuals can receive the bivalent booster at the recommended interval of at least six months or 182 days (Last booster dose on or before March 23-2022) from their previous dose, regardless of how many boosters they have already received.
The Lawrence Commanda Health Centre will be offering bivalent COVID‑19 boosters to the most vulnerable populations, including:
- Individuals aged 70 and older
- First Nation, Inuit and Métis individuals or non-Indigenous household members aged 18 and older
- Residents of a long-term care home, retirement home, or Elder Care Lodge or individuals living in other congregate settings that provide assisted-living and health services
- Moderately to severely immunocompromised individuals aged 12 years and older
- Pregnant individuals aged 18 years and older
- Health care workers aged 18 years and older
For more information, please contact the Lawrence Commanda Health Centre at 705-753-3312.