OAHS Issues a Request for Proposal for Social Services Relief Fund (SSRF 4) Funding for Service Providers
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) issued by Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) is to provide Service Providers with an opportunity to be selected as a recipient of the Social Services Relief Fund 4 (SSRF 4) funding by defining their capacity to develop and/or acquire new rental units or complete retrofits and upgrades to existing units as outlined in the SSRF 4 Program Guidelines.
Eligible uses of funding under the two components include:
• Major retrofits and upgrades to an existing emergency shelter, and/or congregate living space to continue to ensure shelter spaces adhere to public health directives (e.g., additions to an existing facility to allow minimum spacing of beds; self-contained bedrooms and washrooms) and support independent units aligned with more permanent forms of housing where possible;
• Acquisitions that would be converted/upgraded to provide longer-term housing solutions;
• Retrofit of existing transitional or supportive housing facility, and/or creating new innovative models of transitional and supportive housing.
Other eligible costs may include labour, applicable taxes, building permits, legal fees, certificates, signage, appraisal fees, inspection fees, drawing and specification and any other costs that the Service Manager deems reasonable and that are agreed to by MMAH.
SSRF 4 funding is subject to:
• Service Providers fulfilling Partnership Agreement requirements; and
• Program prioritization by Program Administrator
Service Providers are asked to read the RFP carefully and are invited to submit an application in accordance with the application instructions.
Please see all of the links below for guidelines and needed documents. OAHS must receive completed proposals no later than 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Friday, October 29, 2021, to be considered for funding under SSRF 4.
When completed, please send your application with the Subject Line “Social Services Relief Fund 4 (SSRF 4) Proposal” to [email protected]
The following are documents needed for this Request for Proposal:
Schedule 1: SSRF 4 Program Guidelines
Schedule 2: Glossary of Terms
Schedule 3: Request for Proposal Template
Schedule 4: Capital Development Budget
Schedule 5: Frequently Asked Questions
Schedule 6: RFP Submission Checklist
Schedule 7: Operating Cash Flow Example
Schedule 8: Allowable Rents 2019
Schedule 9: Maximum Income by Region
Schedule 10: SSRF 4 Pre-Qualification Certificate