- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project: Availability of Additional Participant Funding
April 27, 2015 — Ottawa — Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) is making additional funding available through its Participant Funding Program to assist the participation of the public and Aboriginal groups in the subsequent phases of the environmental assessment of the proposed Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project in British Columbia.
The Agency recently announced the inclusion of marine shipping that is associated with the project in the environmental assessment. As a result, additional funding is being made available for eligible individuals and groups to assist them in reviewing and commenting on the additional information on the potential environmental effects of marine shipping. The funding will also assist with participating in the public hearing.
The Agency also invites the public and Aboriginal groups to apply for funding for the last phase of the environmental assessment. Following the submission of the panel report, and prior to the Minister’s decision on the project, the Agency will hold a public consultation on the potential conditions related to the project. Should the project be approved to proceed, these conditions would ultimately become legally binding on the proponent.
- Applications received by May 27, 2015 will be considered. Recipients and the amount of funding allocated will be announced at a later date.
- Port Metro Vancouver proposes the construction and operation of a new three-berth marine container terminal located at Roberts Bank in Delta, approximately 35 km south of Vancouver. The proposed project, to be located next to the existing Deltaport and Westshore Terminals, would provide an additional 2.4 million twenty-foot equivalent units of container capacity per year at Roberts Bank.
- On April 17, 2015, the final Terms of Reference and the updated Environmental Impact Statement Guidelines were issued and are available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry, reference number 80054.
- Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Participant Funding Program (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
– 30 –
Director of Communications
Office of the Minister of the Environment
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: