The MCFN Chief and Council and the COVID-19 Working Group are continuing to actively take precautions and actions to address the potential impacts of COVID-19 within our Nation.
At this time, we continue to have no active cases of COVID-19 in the community. We must say chi-miigwech to everyone for being diligent and taking the necessary precautions to ensure COVID-19 exposure is reduced.
During this week’s Infrastructure and Community Development Council meeting, a motion was passed to resume essential services only, effective immediately, for a 2 (two) week period.
As such, operational staff will be in place to offer the following services:
- Administration Services – Council and General Reception, including appropriate support services;
- Public Works – Health and Safety Services;
- Lands, Membership and Research Services – Services will continue for Community Wellness and Status Cards. This will be appointment-based services only;
- Media and Communications – Communications will continue as required;
- Housing – Services will continue as required, on an appointment only basis;
- Social and Health Services – General Reception, Home Support Services, Mental Health Services, Ontario Works, Family Support including Band Rep Services, Community Health Services, Healthy Babies/Health Children, Cook, Family Support Workers (Band Rep), Community Support Workers & Early Childhood Development Worker for the purposes of delivering essential support services (enhanced safety protocols will be in place);
- ECC and EarlyON – Virtual Programming will continue;
- LSK Elementary School – Will continue as scheduled.
Please note, all in person appointments will be postponed and will be rescheduled. If virtual appointments are a possibility, they can continue in this manner. We are also asking that payments be held until the 2 (two) week period is complete.
Offices will reopen to the public on December 9th, 2020. If you have general inquiries or need assistance, please contact the Administrative Office at 905-768-1133. Alternatively, you can reach out to the Social and Health Services department at 905-768-1181. For those who require the services of the Lands, Membership and Research office, please contact 905-768-0100.
The MCFN Chief and Council would like to remind everyone how important it is to take personal precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community. These include:
- Wearing a mask when in any public or communal place, or when social distancing is not possible.
- Regular handwashing with soap and warm water is required. If not available, sanitizing your hands with an alcohol based sanitizing solution is recommended.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Ensure you practice good respiratory hygiene. Cover your cough or sneeze with your bent elbow or tissue, then dispose of the tissue immediately.
- Be cognizant of travel advisories. Be aware of areas deemed restricted, controlled and locked down. If you travel outside of Canada, it is important to self-isolate upon re-entry to the country.
- If you feel ill, stay home. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and follow their instructions.
Public Health Information
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please contact the following Public Health Offices and follow their instructions:
- Haldimand Norfolk Public Health – 519-426-6170, ext. 9999
- Six Nations Public Health – 519-445-2672
- Brant County Public Health – 519-751-5818 or via email at [email protected]
- Outside of regular business hours, you can contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000
Please note, the MCFN Community Health Office is not a Public Health Office, although it does assist with contact tracing and wellness checks for those who reside on MCFN.
We cannot stress enough, how important it is to follow the Public Health guidelines. We learned during the first wave, that we can effectively curve the spread of COVID-19 when we work together. Let’s keep our community safe.
The MCFN Chief and Council are responsible for making decisions that impact the Membership. If you have any concerns, please contact any member of the table.