- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Supporting Arts, Culture and Heritage
Government of Canada provides funding in support of arts, culture and heritage sector
July 3, 2015 – Toronto – Department of Canadian Heritage
The Honourable Joe Oliver, Minister of Finance and Member of Parliament (Eglinton–Lawrence), on behalf of the Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, today announced that the arts, culture and heritage sector is getting a boost of more than $95 million, benefiting 63 different projects in Montreal and in Toronto and the surrounding area, which will have an impact across the country.
- The Canada Music Fund gives Canadians and the rest of the world better access to Canadian music. In an average year, the Fund helps support over 400 album production projects and 1,100 marketing, touring and showcasing initiatives.
- Through the Canada Music Fund, FACTOR and Musicaction receive financing to support the English and French music industries respectively, across the entire country. The Canada Arts Presentation Fund supports approximately 600 projects in more than 250 communities across Canada.
- Since 2006–07, the Canada Cultural Investment Fund’s Endowment Incentives component has provided more than $151 million in matching grants, leveraging private-sector donations of $204 million, for a total of over $355 million invested in public charitable foundations and benefiting the long-term financial health of 189 arts organizations across Canada.
- Every year, the Canada Arts Training Fund supports almost 40 high-calibre training institutions that prepare Canadian artists with strong potential for professional national and international artistic careers.
- Over the past five years, the Museums Assistance Program has supported the creation and circulation of around 100 travelling exhibitions, and has funded close to 300 institutions to host travelling exhibitions across the country.
“Today’s announcement demonstrates that we are serious about supporting Canadian arts, culture and heritage, which represent close to $50 billion in the Canadian economy and over 642,000 jobs.”
—The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
“Our Government recognizes that arts and culture are important generators of economic growth, jobs and wealth in our communities. Canada has a rich history, and we are proud to create opportunities for Canadians to learn about it.”
—The Honourable Joe Oliver, Minister of Finance and Member of Parliament (Eglinton–Lawrence)
“The renewal of this funding is great news for Canadian musical artists and entrepreneurs, and we thank the Government of Canada for taking this important step. These funds, combined with those from private broadcasters, will create a stable and predictable funding environment for the next five years. We look forward to hearing the new and innovative Canadian musical works that this support makes possible.”
—Duncan McKie, President, FACTOR
For more information (media only), please contact:
Director of Communications
Office of the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: