Request For Proposals – Financial Statement Review Engagement Services
1.0 INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
The Indigenous Learning Centre (ILC) is a registered charity established by AFOA Canada Board of Directors in 2013. The ILC carries on the following charitable programs and activities:
- To promote the financial management professions through the education and training of Indigenous youth
- To advance the education of Indigenous people in Indigenous communities on the subject of financial management, general management, and leadership
- To develop the capacity and skills of Indigenous people in such a way that they are better able to manage and govern their communities and thereby participating more fully in the economic opportunities to improve the lives of Indigenous people; and
- To advance the skill and knowledge level of Indigenous People through an internship program.
Additional information can be found on the ILC website www.Indigeneouslearningcentre.ca
The ILC has an annual budget of approximately $60,000. The accounting is performed at AFOA Canada with the exception of the payroll which is prepared externally. AFOA Canada accounting personnel and contractors assist with the development of working papers and statements. AFOA Canada uses 300 Advanced Sage ERP (Version 2020) to maintain the accounts. The review engagement financial statements are approved by the Board of Directors and accepted at the Annual General Meeting.
2.0 SCOPE OF SERVICES
The ILC is seeking a qualified firm that can provide professional review engagement services for annual financial statements for three (3) fiscal years. This RFP is for services for the fiscal years that will end on March 31, 2023, March 31, 2024, and March 31, 2025.
The successful audit firm will be required to demonstrate:
- Experience in working with Indigenous organizations
- Experience in working with registered charities
3.0 REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
The ILC is inviting proposals from persons or parties to provide the above goals and deliverables to ILC in the time frame specified.
As a contractor, you are being asked to provide one electronic copy of your proposal by Monday, June 20, 2022, at 5 p.m. EDT.
By email: [email protected]
By mail: Indigenous Learning Centre
301-1066 Somerset Street West
Ottawa, ON K1Y 4T3
Atn: Sara Roundpoint, AFOA Canada, Human Resources/Corporate Officer
Click here to access the ILC Review Engagement Services